Great news! Several of Across the Pond’s excellent partner universities are offering scholarships that are exclusive to students who use Across the Pond’s services. While these universities regularly offer scholarships to international students, the universities listed below wish to give Across the Pond applicants an additional funding opportunity via our Across the Pond Partner Scholarships. Even more great news—Across the Pond itself is also funding four scholarships than can be used at any of our partner universities. You can apply for both the Across the Pond Partner Scholarships and Across the Pond’s own scholarships.
The Across the Pond Partner Scholarships are quite different from the typical scholarship. We want to give students the opportunity to have fun with their applications. Therefore, instead of the traditional scholarship essay, we have created a new video competition for these opportunities.
Please tell us why you deserve this scholarship in a creative and engaging way. We want to you to share your excitement and enthusiasm for your upcoming studies in the United Kingdom. Also, tell us what makes you stand out as an applicant!
You’ll be required to submit a 2 to 4 minute video that helps us understand why your chosen university program is the right fit for you. What do you think you’ll get out of the opportunity? If you have a great need for scholarship funding in order to be able to study in the UK, you are welcome to mention that as well.
The following partner universities have committed to providing scholarships for Across the Pond students starting their studies in the fall of 2018:
- Brunel University: Offering ten £3000 physiotherapy and occupational therapy scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from the USA and Canada.
- University of Chester: Offering one £2,500 scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate student from the USA or Canada for the first year of study.
- Cranfield University: Offering six £4,000 scholarships to graduate students from the USA and Canada (eligible for certain programs only - please contact your advisor to see which programs are eligible).
- University of Hertfordshire:Offering four scholarships to US and Canadian students: one £4,000 scholarship, one £2,000 scholarship, and two £1,000 scholarships. Available to any 2 of the following 3 options: An undergraduate student (1st year only), an undergraduate student (all three years), a graduate student.
- University of Huddersfield: Multiple scholarships of £3,000 (£3,000 1st year, then 2,000 per following year): Available to undergraduate and graduate students from the US and Canada.
- Middlesex University London: Offering five £2,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from Canada for the first year of study.
- University of Stirling: One £3,000 scholarship for an American or Canadian student. This scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students for the first year of study.
- University of Strathclyde:
A) Five £4,000 scholarships for US or Canadian applicants to programs in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. This scholarship is available to an undergraduate or graduate student for the first year of study.
B) One £3,000 scholarship for a US or Canadian applicant to any program at Strathclyde. This scholarship is available to an undergraduate or graduate student for the first year of study.
To be eligible to receive the Strathclyde scholarship, you must have made Strathclyde your firm choice and paid the required deposit by the final scholarship application deadline.
- Swansea University - One £4,000 scholarship for an American or Canadian student. This scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students for the first year of study. Please note that "2 year Grad Entry LLB" is not eligible for this scholarship.
We’re also delighted to say that Across the Pond itself is offering its own scholarships. The same rules apply, and (if you’re applying to one or more of the universities above) you can apply for more than one scholarship opportunity as long as you create a unique entry for each one.
- Across the Pond: 2 scholarships (one £3,000 and one £2,000). Available to any two Across the Pond students from Canada, regardless of university or level of study.
To apply, please complete this application form by May 25, 2018.
Across the Pond will select semi-finalists from March 15th; however, you can apply until the May deadline. Please specify which scholarship you’re applying for on the form—you can apply for more than one, but must apply separately for each opportunity.
If you’re a semi-finalist, your video will be posted to Across the Pond’s voting pages. You’ll then want to share it with your family and friends to get votes. The video(s) for each scholarship opportunity with the most votes by May 25th will win!
PLEASE NOTE: Across the Pond Scholarship winners must hold an offer from one of our partner universities in order to actually claim the prize. The winners of the university-specific scholarships must hold an offer from the university to which the scholarship belongs in order to claim the prize. Across the Pond students are eligible for both the Across the Pond scholarship and a university-specific scholarship.
UCFB Wembley offer dedicated undergraduate degree courses in the operational and business areas of the football and sports industries. Based at two locations in Burnley and the world famous Wembley football stadium, UCFB are responding to football and sport’s global status as a multi-billion pound industry which requires specific administrative, management and operational skills and ability.
UCFB Wembley offers degrees, best-in-class industry guest speakers and extensive work experience as part of its approach to higher education and, close ties to organisations such as the PFA, English Premier League, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports, provide a unique and exclusive undergraduate experience for students.
Providing three times the contact time of traditional universities, UCFB Wembley provide two curricula; the traditional academic curriculum which involves traditional exams and coursework, and a Complimentary Curriculum – a three year journey of professional and personal development. This provides access to opportunities. Networking opportunities accompany the learning program, which in turn can lead to further opportunities in the future.
Within the UCFB Wembley campus, UCFB have facilities that reflect the excellence of the stadium, with lecture theatres, seminar rooms, library and media suites, overlooking the field of play. Key Wembley staff form part of the Executive Speaker programme, providing students with an invaluable insight into not only the operations but also to enable them to network and promote themselves for future employment opportunities.
Services for International Students
UCFB Wembley ensure all international students are given an introduction to the United Kingdom, including organised visits to places of interest throughout the year as well as orientation opportunities during your first weeks at the institution.
UCFB wish to ensure to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for all international students, and the welcome team will be available for constant support, feedback and help with any issues during your stay.
Situated 5 minutes’ walk from UCFB Wembley, and just minutes from Wembley Park underground station, Victoria Hall offers modern student accommodation just 20 minutes from the centre of London. Furnished to a high standard, the halls have contemporary fully-equipped kitchens, free Wi-Fi and Broadband internet and comfy communal areas with flat screen TV’s which provide a relaxing environment to socialise.
Located at the home of English football, UCFB Wembley provides a world class location and a world class walk as students make their way up from Wembley Way to Wembley Stadium.
London itself offers access to many other sporting pastimes. World leading rugby and cricket clubs are close by, as well as many different facilities to take part in your favoured activities. In addition, London’s historic centre provides not just monuments of the past and present but modern day theatre and concert productions, with famous shopping and nightlife districts.
Interested in this School?